1)http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/browse.aspx?browse_by=Type&filter1=132)400 companies700000 publication1000 type3000 type100type3)it is useless for people to know the exact numbers
http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/home.htmlThe 5 numbers are: 1,200 sqm 1,100 pax (standing cocktail) 800 pax (theatre seating) 700 pax (sit-down dinner)600 sqmCapacity: 500 pax (standing) 320 pax (sit-down dinner) 200 pax (theatre seating)3, They would represent how much people can attend / sit in the respective places
All the Pax are exact
1. http://www.science.edu.sg/Pages/SCBHome.aspx2. 60 (Age), 37 (Years it has been open), 14 (Amount of galleries), 20,000 (Size of Science Centre), 1,000,000 (Number of students)3. If it was an exact number, the amount would be very high and estimating helps to save time.
1. http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/home.html2. 35 metres, 2,000 metres over sea level, 5768 visitors, 128 metre, 22 metres, 50 metres3. 35 is estimate, 2000 is estimate, 5768 is exact, 128 metre is estimate, 22 metres is exact and 50 metres is estimate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Safari,_Singapore1.Constructed at a cost of S$63 million2.occupies 35 hectares (86 acres) of secondary rainforest adjacent to the Singapore Zoo and Upper Seletar Reservoir.3.The Night Safari currently houses over 2,500 animals representing over 130 species,of which 38% are threatened species.4.The Night Safari is managed by Wildlife Reserves Singapore, and about 1.1 million visitors visit the safari per year.5.Date opened 26 May 1994
1.http://www.science.edu.sg/Pages/SCBHome.aspx2.30th Anniversary 2014, 37 years since opening of Science Centre, 14 galleries and over 1000000 students and visitors.3.The numbers represent the facts of the Science Centre. For example, the Science centre has 14 galleries. So 14 is used to represent the number of galleries in the Science Centre.
https://nemation.sg/about/8 , 11500, 2007, 9, 10It represents the number of times the event was organised, the number of people participating, the years and the number of finalists
1.http://www.zoo.com.sg/2.Singapore zoo is 26-hectares. Singapore zoo has over 300 species of mammals,birds and reptiles. Over 1.6 million visitors visit it. Opened in 1973. Ticket counter operates for 9 hours.3.To give the visitors info about the park. In order: Estimate,Estimate,Estimate,Exact,Exact
1.http://www.zoo.com.sg2.1)20000 cubic metre(estimated)2)3 months(estimated)3)15-year-old(estimated)4)29 January(exact)5)26 December(exact)3.Most people do not care about the exact number of something but for some numbers, the numbers should be exact so that visitors to the zoo will not be confused of when to go for some events.
1.http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/home.html2. The five numbers are 93681 (no. of people liked on Facebook), 5768 (no. of people rated excellent on trip advisor),30,000 pax (standing) (concert stage)7,200 pax (theatre seating) (concert stage)3,600 pax (sit-down dinner)Concert stage So that people can know how many people to invite
Sentosa 1)two golf courses,exact,for them to know that if one golf course is full and they still want to play there is another golf course2)14 hotels,exact,for the tourist to know that they can stay at the hotels in sentosa without worrying that they will not have a place to stay in3)2 km (1.2 mi) long sheltered beach,estimated ,to tell the tourist roughly how long the beach is4) The island has an area of close to 5 km2 to tell the tourist that the island is big4)70% of the island is covered by secondary rainforest,to tell the people who love nature that they can go there
http://www.zoo.com.sg/visitor-info/opening-hours.htmlhttp://www.zoo.com.sg/visitor-info/park-experience.htmlthe five numbers are 8.30(time)300 (species of mammals, birds and reptiles )26 (hectares)1973(year)2800(number of animals)they are represented like that because the exact number is not needed.
1. http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/the-gardens/attractions/bay-east-garden.html2. The 5 numbers, context and units are...i) 2km waterfront promenade (Not exact)ii) 5 minutesiii) SBS Bus Service 158 (Exact)iiii) Tel: (+65) 6420 6848iiiii) 24 hours daily3. It would be useless to give people the exact measurement for the estimated numbers but for the exact numbers the exact number for a phone number or a bus service as they need to know it.
http://www.sentosa.com.sg/en/attractions/imbiah-lookout/sentosa-luge-skyride/5 numbers:688 metres ( the length of the trail) (estimated)31 million (number of rides worldwide) (estimated)85cm (at least to ride with an adult) (exact)$39 ( family pass) (exact) 29 years (number of years ago it was invented) (estimated)3. People need not know the exact amount for some things and they would need to know the exact an=mount for the rest.
1.http://www.birdpark.com.sg/visitor-info/park-experience.html2. 5000 Birds 400 species 30m waterfall 7 exhibits3. It is estimated as most of the numbers' last digit which could be counted are all 0
1. http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/home.html http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/content/gbb/en/plan-your-visit/visitor-information.html-Bay South Outdoor Gardens5:00 AM - 2:00 AM, Daily-Shuttle Service9:45 AM - 5:45 PM, Daily**Service begins at 12:30 PM every 1st Monday of the month-Shuttle Service$2-OCBC Skyway$5(Adult) $5(Senior Citizen) $3(Children)-One ConservatoryLocal Resident Rate**$12(Adult)$8(Senior Citizen)$8(Children)3. Its exact as people need to know what their doing.
1. http://www.nlb.gov.sg/About/HistoryofNationalLibrarySingapore.aspx2. 45,000 design-related titles,some 30 students,After a seven-year wait,some 50 students and lecturers,received 105 applications3. 45,000(exact),30(estimated),7(estimated),50(estimated),105(exact)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Zoo2)- Coordinates 1°24′14″N 103°47′39″E Exact-28 ha (69 acres) of landEstimate- 1.6 million visitors annuallyEstimate-27 June 1973 openedExact-2530 animals in the zooExact3) Sometimes there is no need for exact figures
1.Gardens by the bay2.1)12minutes, 93681likes,407carpark lots, 1200 sqm,1000 over species of plants.3. the duration for the show may be estimated,the number of likes is exact,the carpark lots are exact,the sqm of the restaurant is estimated the no. of species is also estimated.
it allows ppl to understand the overview of gardens by the bay easily
1)URL: http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/plan-your-visit/tours-trails.html#!/guided-tours2)1. 35 metre.2. 1000 to 3500 metres. 3. $12.4. 128 metres. 5. 162,9003)1. The estimated height of the man-made waterfall.2. The estimated place above sea level where the Tropical Montane.3. The exact rate for a local resident to visit one conservatory.4. The exact length of the OCBC Skyway.5. The estimated number of plants covering the Supertrees